Post atricle in AuthorBG.com article minimum 300 words.
In 1991, Save Ourselves (SOS) Breast Cancer Organization was founded by a group of women who were motivated to better serve those with breast cancer nationally, statewide, and locally. To serve the Sacramento region, we provide, at no charge:
- Monthly educational forums: health care providers, researchers, & nutritional experts share information on breast cancer related issues.
- We meet monthly on the third Wednesday of every month except December at Nordstrom, Arden Fair Mall, second floor training room. Potluck from 6 - 7, program: 7 - 8:30.
- 24 hour hotline line: staffed by professionally trained breast cancer thrivers. Our team can match the caller with someone with a similar diagnosis or situation.
- Support groups: professionally led psychoeducational support groups, offered at various times and locations in Sacramento and Roseville. Groups available for Latina and lesbian women as well.
- Lingerie closet and resource center (at two locations): provides new and gently used post-mastectomy garments, prosthetics, hats, wigs, library of books, CDs & DVDs.
- UCD Comprehensive Cancer Center, 2nd floor, and
- Sutter Cancer Center downtown Sacramento, library, 6th floor.
- Speaker's bureau: we will come and speak to your civic group, school, or place of employment about any aspect of breast cancer. We also testify at state assembly and senate hearings.
- Outreach: SOS attends local health fairs so that we may share breast health information and distribute educational materials.